Relieve Teeth Grinding With 5 Easy Tips
Do you ever wake up with a headache or sore jaw? Chances are, you’re a nighttime teeth grinder. Also known as bruxism, teeth grinding is extremely common. However, it can have negative effects on your oral health and ultimately lead to chipping, cracking and decay as your enamel wears thin.
If you suspect teeth grinding, give these tips a try:
1. Alleviate stress before bed. This can mean different things for different people. You might try relaxing with a few pages of a book, light stretching, or a cup of decaf tea.
2. Skip alcohol or caffeine before bedtime. This can trigger grinding.
3. Massage your jaw muscles. Gently rubbing them may help relieve tension.
4. Be conscious of clenching your jaw during the day. If you recogni[z]e this, release your jaw muscles.
5. Visit us. We’re proud to offer a number of solutions for teeth grinding and can explore those options with you at your appointment.